Meebo for Blogger

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Guitarist

"And when my mind is free You know a melody can move me And when I'm feelin' blue The guitar's comin' through to soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you've given me I want you to know I believe in your song And rhythm and rhyme and harmony You've helped me along Makin' me strong"
~ Dobie Gray

The 8th photo entry for my weekly Self Portrait Journal.  A 52 week glimpse into the attributes of James Olmos.

Week Eight - Guitarist

"The guitar's comn' through to soothe me . . ." is a lyrical line that I can identify with. I've been playing guitar for over 30 years.  Unfortunately, I'm not much better at playing than I was 20 years ago.  I don't play guitar to improve; I play cause it brings me into a moment. And I don't reside on planet earth to impress; I live to love.

I love playing guitar.

From Self Portrait Journal - 52 Project

To hear my songs please visit my website.  www.jamesolmos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment