Meebo for Blogger

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sound Engineer

i love you i hate you

A love–hate relationship is an interpersonal relationship involving simultaneous or alternating emotions of love and hate – something particularly common when emotions are intense.

The term is used frequently in psychology, popular writing and journalism.  It can be applied to relationships with inanimate objects, or even concepts, as well as those of a romantic nature or between siblings and parents/children.

Wikipedia ~

The 11th photo entry for my weekly Self Portrait Journal.  A 52 week glimpse into the attributes of James Olmos.

Week Eleven - Sound Engineer

I love writing songs.  I hate recording.  The sound engineer hat fits uncomfortably on my head and so I don't enjoy wearing it.  It means that I have to sit for long periods of time, listening to my voice, guitar and recording mistakes over and over and over and over . . . I have to learn about mixing, mastering and monitoring sound.  I hate it.

I just want to write songs . . . I'm a songwriter . . . (fine!) and a sound engineer (sometimes).

From Self Portrait Journal - 52 Project

Listen to my "Take One Project" @ www.jamesolmos.com where I simply hit record and sing, then with minimal editing, post to Soundcloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment