Meebo for Blogger

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Child Portrait

The child.

Resting humbly, not from exhaustion but from smiling, dreaming and living.

This pause is framed in poetic assurance that the playful past will repeat.  I sing.

I traced her with my lens.  I covered her in darkness, then in folded rest she brought forth light.

Her shadows are not dark; contrarily, her shadows are softened light.  Don’t judge.

A portrait?

Did I take a photo or did I respond to her dream with a reverent click.

She whispered into the face of a dragon.  She drew her sword while standing on the back of a caterpillar.

This child.  This pose.  This resting place of light.

Come to this place without reaching and without action but with intention to be filled again in order to dream bigger.

A prayer or a pose?  You choose.

The post Child Portrait appeared first on The Indie Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment