Meebo for Blogger

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Live like you were dying?

Live like you were dying  . . . I never liked that saying.  It just seems so morbid.  Live for today is another term we often hear that is suppose to encourage us to value life.

We like to create reasons to endure this life instead of understanding that life is simply, breath. To live like you're dying is to live anxiously and desperately.  Our journey towards death begins at conception and concludes after our last breath.  In contrast to eternity which began before breath and does not expire.

Yet life does not begin with our own breath, it begins with the breath of our mother and father . . . some say it begins with God.  We inhale before we exhale.  We take in life before we give life.

Why ponder on reasons to exist?  Why search for the purpose of our breath?  Why seek the creator when we've already been found?

Live.

I draw songs from breath.  I don't search for the song; the song finds me.  The song existed before me and I only need to have ears to hear it.  My muse is everything outside my skin and everything inside my spirit, soul and body.

Why do I stand where I stand and breath?  To live.
From Seattle March 2012

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it James! It is my sentiments entirely! From people being forced into morbid thoughts to looking for a creator. I just LOVE LIFE! I am grateful for every day I wake up and enjoy new experiences.

    And my whole life has been a blast. I have made a fair bit of lemonade from the lemons I have been handed, but all of these are an exciting challenge and I look forward to these just as much as the pleasant sensual experiences, such as light and beauty, the sound of music and the scent on an early morning breeze.

    You know Southern California, don't you? We are both experiencing the newness and light together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, Steve. I agree, each day brings new experiences and those experiences are opportunities to learn and grow.

      Great to hear that your whole life has been a blast. I'd like to hear some of your life stories sometime.

      Loving SoCal - it has so much to offer :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. I don't mind either of the sayings. I think the saying "Live like you were dying", is a way to make people think. Think of not waiting till diagnosed of a illness to give you a time limit for death. Live life as tomorrow is your last day. Live with love for yourself, other people, and mankind. Too many times people have the notion of I will change tomorrow, or one day to better myself or others. What if that day never comes? Live today with love as if tomorrow will never come.

    Love the blog. :) Inspirational, and Love your music, and the art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - thanks for leaving such a great comment! I really like your last line, "Live today with love as if tomorrow will never come."

      I think that's a wonderful way to enjoy life's moments . . . in the presence of love.

      We need to continually exhale love . . . release it!

      Thanks for your kind words and keep doing great things with your journey ~

      Delete