Meebo for Blogger

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vulnerable

The first photo entry for my weekly Self Portrait Journal.  A 52 week glimpse into the attributes of James Olmos.

Week One - Vulnerable

I am fragile.  Yet, within fragility I am strong.  As I continue to express myself through songwriting, photography, painting and poetry . . . I offer myself up for criticism and judgment.  I also open myself to empowerment.  For there is strength and beauty found in abandonment when you release your passions in silent surrender.

Am I hiding behind this door or am I opening the door?  Do you have eyes to see beyond the shadows behind me?  Are you curious or do you even care about the passions beyond the threshold?

I do not want to be held captive by my fears.  I choose to open the door.  I know I will be broken . . . I know I will heal.


i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment